Thursday 6 May 2010

+++ContainerPLUS+++

For Practitioners this year, I really enjoyed ContainerPLUS when Nicola Carter came to Stockport College for a talk. They combine and collaborated with illustration, photography, set design, performance, and 3D elements. They have a few well-known clients, Topshop, Selfridges, Sony, MTV and Q Magazine. I found the talk interesting and fun and inspiring.
+++Make Me a Supermodel, installation working with the candidates for the Channel Five TV show+++

Nicola set up ContainerPLUS with Luise Vormitty in 2002/2003, they met studying at Camberwell University. They both finished Uni in 2002, their work was very different but both shared a good sense of humor. They had a joint project and had the exhibition at the Notting Hill Arts Club and they got nominated at Creative Review’s “Creative Futures 2003” from that they got commissions, editorials, book covers, and interior design. From that countainerPLUS grow and another lady jointed.
+++A sinful tea set+++

Their style of work is elegant, simple, soft and very thought through. I looked at ContainerPlus last summer and ardor their work and I would to work in a company like them, they seem to reinvent themselves and explore techniques and develop new ideas and I do with the work I create. They seem to have a lot of compassion and care towards their work and looks like they all have fun working too. When I am working I have got to have fun, when I am not having fun, you can see that through your work.
+++TV BAFTA awards: sets for the BAFTA aftershow party+++

No comments:

Post a Comment